£350 - £400 per day
8 days ago
A 4 month+ opportunity for a Year End Accountant has arisen with Housing Association client we are representing in the Basingstoke area.
Although based in Basingstoke, the organisation is currently operating a policy within government guidelines of working from home if you are able to. It is unclear when this will change.
You'll be supporting the Group Accountant in all aspects of the Year End close process, collaborating with both financial and non-financial staff to ensure the production and delivery of accurate 2020/21 Annual Report and Financial Statements.
You will ensure that the Statutory accounts adhere to FRS 102 and the SORP.
You'll be a Qualified Accountant and should have a Proven track record of working in a technical accounting capacity delivering complex reporting and Statutory outputs, including detailed report writing and analysis. You'll be able to demonstrate knowledge of FRS102 and experience of SORP would be an advantage.
You will be expected to liaise with auditors and lead on the collection of financial and non-financial data supporting the Annual Report element of the document.
Qualified Accountant required to support in all aspects of Year End close process to deliver Annual Report and Financial statements.
- They need to be Qualified with extensive experience in Year End process - across Management, Financial and Statutory Accounts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of FRS102 - a financial reporting standard which we need to meet
- Useful to have experience in SORP which is specific to this industry / sector (Housing)
Please advise on candidates' availability & rate requirement on submission notes.
- To support the Finance Manager - Financial Accounting in all aspects of the Year End close process.
- Collaborate with both financial and non-financial staff to ensure the production and delivery of accurate 2020/21 Management, Financial and Statutory accounts
- Review and streamline Year End processes and procedures.
- Provide the financial accounting team with sufficient capacity over the Year End close to ensure no disruption in the day to day delivery of service.
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of the principles of financial accounting and financial statements, e.g. FRS102
- Good understanding of relevant legislation and accounting principles for Housing Associations, e.g. SORP, advantageous but not essential
- Qualified Accountant, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent post graduate accounting qualification, with three years post qualification experience
- Knowledge of Agresso Accounting system advantageous but not essential.
- Highly numerate and computer literate with strong Microsoft skills covering Word and Excel.
£350 - 400 per day
Hours of work are 08:30am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.