5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Waste Transition Project Officer on the initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To prioritise and plan the coordination of a major corporate change project, the establishment a new Local Authority Trading Organisation (LATO) to deliver the Boroughs waste and recycling service. Defined outcomes include service transition, culture change and business redesign.
- To work at all levels of the authority, and with partners, to drive work packages and support transition ensuring that the projects key objectives including service continuity, improvement, efficiency and customer service are achieved.
- Development of new and improved business processes for the organisation, through the completion of 'as is' and 'to be' analysis and completion of business process reviews. To collate, analyse and present data and other information, delivering reports that enable effective decision making by both Managers and the Board.
- This work will includes development and overseeing of work packages along with wider project management responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Undertake the Project Management Office of the programme providing support to the Waste Transition Manager and other Workstream leads
- Control, maintain and monitor the project(s) on a day to day basis within the constraints defined by the Waste Transition Manager and Project Board. Ensuring the project is delivered within its outlined in the Business Case.
- Oversee the programme time line, ensuring key millstones are met, documentation updated and work stream leads are updated on progress and oncoming milestones.
- Produce and maintain accurate risk and issues logs and work with owners to ensure actions are happening (mitigating or resolving.)
- Business Process and Service Re-design
- To identify and undertake analysis of existing systems and processes, working with work stream leads and make proposals for appropriate changes.
- To identify and calculate the financial and non-financial benefits of Business Process Improvement.
- Facilitate workshops and one-to-one interviews to capture as-is processes, current issues and development of to-be solutions.
- Production of as-is and to-be processes and ensuring that outputs are validated by key stakeholders (internal and external stakeholders)
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to ensure progression of analysis and redesign activities
- Liaise with the Waste Transition Manager and Workstream Leads to ensure that any dependencies and impacts are clearly understood and the necessary documentation and information requirements of the Programme Office are delivered.
- Specify the financial and human resource requirements and skill types, the work that needs to be commissioned to ensure comprehensive understanding of business requirements, issues, processes and delivery mechanisms.
- Plan, design, develop, support and monitor the application of technical and business standards, techniques and policies, and monitor performance in support of the objectives.
- Manage and develop any staff allocated to the project to ensure that the appropriate levels of skill and expertise are used and that staff are motivated to ensure the effective delivery of the project.
- Produce regular progress summary and management information
Skills and Experience-
- Ability to consider and solicit alternative staff, customer and community perspectives on issues and services. (Essential)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organisation, including community groups. (Essential)
- Ability to work as a team member and with colleagues both within the authority and in external organisations. (Essential)
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively, including co-ordinating the work of others. (Essential)
- Ability to anticipate and manage customer and staff responses to changes in systems and processes. (Essential)
- Flexibility to work with shared resources (files, reports etc). (Essential)
- Ability to deal with issues in a professional, objective and constructive manner. (Essential)
- Sound negotiating and influencing skills. (Desirable)
- Ability to conduct routine research and analysis work and present results clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. (Desirable)
- Proven Project Management experience across an organisation. (Essential)
- Direct experience of undertaking business process mapping and redesign as part of a change project. (Essential)
- Facilitating or undertaking business process mapping and redesign workshops with end users. (Essential)
- Working with and presenting performance management advice to Management and/or Elected Members. (Desirable)
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to tight deadlines. (Essential)
- Willingness to attend occasional weekends/evening meetings. (Essential)
- Willingness to travel. (Essential)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.