£15.94 - £16.73 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Waste Contract Officer on an initial 7 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Through its statutory function as a Waste Disposal Authority, the Sustainability and Waste Management Service makes provision for residual waste treatment and disposal facilities for all eight Waste Collection Authorities within the council. This can include the provision of transfer facilities at strategic locations to ensure efficient haulage of waste to treatment/disposal points and if requested, provision of treatment/recovery facilities for recyclables and organic waste.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In delivery of the above key accountability's and to ensure associated due diligence and value for money, the post holder will be expected to undertake a number of contract monitoring activities and support improved service delivery through procurement projects. Similarly the post holder will be expected to work with partner organisations and internal stakeholders to achieve County wide strategic objectives. To this end the following generic responsibilities apply:
- To monitor contract tonnages / inputs against Contractual requirements and verify/authorise associated expenditure/income.
- To assist in project work relating to the contracts.
- To monitor Contract performance in accordance with complex Performance Framework regimes;
- To assist in the validation of Monthly and Annual Contract reports;
- To act as a primary point of contact for relevant Waste Collection Authorities (WCA) and Partner Authorities for day-to-day operational issues;
- To assist in the procurement of replacement contracts for services and works as required;
- To act as liaison on behalf of Waste Management and Sustainability with other corporate teams as directed;
- To ensure that any legislative changes identified are suitably implemented in relation to each contract;
- To ensure Health and Safety compliance in relation to each contract; and
- To undertake such other duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature and grading of the post;
Additionally, the post holder is required to contribute to the achievement of the Council, Directorate, Strategic HR and individual objectives through:
- Personally accountable for delivering services efficiently, effectively, within budget and to implement any approved savings and investment allocated to the service area.
Continued Prof Dev / Training
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of Waste Management legislation and policy.
- To be prepared to undertake further training as and when required.
- Participation and contribution in the My Performance Conversation process.
- Ensure that all work is completed with a commitment to equality and anti-discriminatory practice, as a minimum to standards required by legislation.
- Delivering energy conservation practices in line with the County Council's corporate climate change strategy.
Health and Safety
- Ensure a work environment that protects people's health and safety and that promotes welfare and which is in accordance with the County Council Health & Safety policy.
- To be committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults.
The content of this job description and person specification will be reviewed on an annual basis in line with the Directorates training and development review policy.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant demonstrable practical experience in waste management, environment or other related work.
- A high level of knowledge and experience of waste collection and treatment systems.
- Proven experience of working in project teams.
- A sound understanding of and the ability to interpret/implement current waste legislation and policy.
- Previous engagement with relevant external bodies, e.g. Waste Collection Authorities, contractors.
- Experience of the preparation of reports and complex numerical information.
- Experience of contracts and procurement.
- Ability to analyse varied information and to provide solutions.
- Good communication skills.
- A current driving license.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and develop positive working relationships.
- Ability to motivate team members and implement change management initiatives.
- Good keyboard skills/Computer literate Ability to make systematic evaluation of potential solutions.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases