£8.55 - £8.98 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Waste And Recycling Loader - Fafb4185 to join our clients offices based in Middlewich on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Waste And Recycling Loader - Fafb4185, your main duties will include:
- To undertake, usually as a member of a team, duties connected with the collection of household waste (non-recyclable, recyclable, compostable and bulky waste) from households and other stipulated premises and the loading of the waste into the collection vehicle.
- To assist the driver in the safe manoeuvring of the vehicle on the round or at disposal locations and ensuring the safe operation of the mechanisms on the vehicle.
- Deal with any immediate problems arising with members of the public or staff members politely and in accordance with the Authority's policies and procedures and report any breaches of the Authority's policies and procedures including those relating to health and safety.
- Ensure that all requested management information is collated, completed accurately and returned on time eg lockout sheets - this may be in writing or through the use of mobile devices. Crew members must use equipment including mobile telephones, mobile devices etc allocated in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Work as part of the wider Waste & Recycling collection team operating from your designated location to see the completion of the overall daily workload.
- Attend courses, tool box talks, Personal Development Plans and other training as required .The post holder is required to be flexible, there will be a requirement to undertake duties associated with any of the services operated by the Waste & Recycling department.
To be successful for this Waste And Recycling Loader - Fafb4185 post you will need to have:
- Experience with an aggressive customer or animal. Monthly occurrence
- Must have the physical skills to get in and out of a refuse collection vehicle
- Be able to manoeuvre wheeled bins and carry refuse sacks and other items of waste - this can require manipulation of bins and sacks /boxes/ cages along uneven ground and down steep steps.
- Be able to connect bin with loading machinery in an exact and safe manner
- Both speed and safety of operation is essential
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.