£10.63 - £11.16 per hour
10 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vehicle Maintenance Technician - Dwo to join our clients offices based in Dorset on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Vehicle Maintenance Technician - Dwo, your main duties will include:
- To execute maintenance, repairs or other work as specified to the Authorities vehicles and plant with no regard to lines of demarcation that may affect availability.
- The particular duties attached to this post are difficult to define in detail but the person employed is appointed with due regard to experience and training in the widest automotive engineering sense and in particular to the ability to work alone and at times unsupervised.
- Personal fitness is a prerequisite as it is necessary to undertake work that requires the lifting, positioning, fitting or renewal of heavy units associated with vehicles in the 'Heavy Goods' class.
- The possession of a current clean driving license, HGV class 1 or 11 licenses is preferred. The loss of such a license would be regarded as extremely serious and could jeopardise the likelihood of continued employment.
- Vehicle maintenance provides a service to user directorates of the County Council and is dependent on maintaining a good working relationship to secure contracts. It is, therefore, imperative that every effort is made to foster a good liaison and any action on the part of a Vehicle Maintenance operative to hazard this will be regarded as a serious breech of discipline. The adage "the customer is always right" to be uppermost in mind.
- To maintain records as directed.
- To use as directed any system of communication provided.
To be successful for this Vehicle Maintenance Technician - Dwo post you will need to have:
- City & Guild in Motor Vehicles Part 1,2 & 3 - National Craftsman Certificate. - Auto Electrician qualifications would be beneficial. Or Working towards City & Guilds qualifications.
- Provide Experience of working to a high standard, on a diverse range of vehicles - minimum 5 years.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.