£24.10 - £25.30 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Valuer to join our clients offices based in Derbyshire on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Valuer, your main duties will include:
- Carry out professional rental and capital valuations of the council's property portfolio in accordance with IFRS13 and the RICS Professional Standards in order to meet the Council's statutory obligations in respect of Asset Valuations
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Authority's asset valuation programme and its capital strategies, including the collation and analysis of property performance data
- Assist with the delivery and completion of year-end 'Red Book Valuations' of the Councils property portfolio on a rolling programme for the Asset Register, meeting strict financial deadlines. Act as a link between Corporate Property and Council Finance Team on Asset Valuation matters.
- Carry out inspections of land and property assets including the measurement of buildings where appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date with developments and changes in property markets, professional standards or the legislative framework affecting real estate. Appreciate the relevance and impact of such developments on Council assets and adapt valuation practices accordingly.
- Assist in maintaining information retained on the computerised record systems and the digital mapping system
To be successful for this Valuer post you will need to have:
- Experience of property valuation and property portfolio management.
- Experience of team working within a professional property environment.
- Experience of the collection and collation of financial information relating to property.
- Experience of reporting to senior management on financial and budget issues within a real estate context.
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Good presentational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle a personal caseload competently with the minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability and confidence to work alone at various locations around the county in accordance with the Council's Lone Working Policy.
- A Degree (or equivalent level qualification) in Real Estate Management or an alternative relevant subject. Professional Member of R.I.C.S.
- Effective communicator
- PC Literate
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.