£16.60 - £17.43 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Valuer on the initial 7 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
Under the general supervision of the Valuation Team Leader to be involved in all aspects of the Valuation and Estates work of the Council, including acquisitions, disposals, management, rating and compensation matters. To provide of a cost-effective professional valuation and property management service to the Council taking into account the Council's policies and legislation and particularly the duty to demonstrate best value on all property transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- The management of land and property in the Council's ownership other than Council houses including rent reviews and taking/granting of leases, tenancies, licences.
- Negotiating the acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold property interests and easements by agreement.
- Acquire land and rights using compulsory powers.
- The provision of advice and valuations as required in connection with the Asset Management Plan and the Asset Register.
- Rating, including making proposals/negotiating reduction.
- Valuations for all purposes.
- Resolution of boundary disputes, encroachment, trespass etc.
- Planning applications.
- The provision of professional advice and other services as required.
- Provide professional and technical advice and other relevant services to the Department and other Departments and Agencies.
- Liaise with or oversee consultants as required.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams assembled for individual tasks, in a subordinate capacity to a nominated leader.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Executive Member or for other purposes as required.
- To ensure that all work for which the post holder is responsible is completed to appropriate standards and in accordance with the Red Book, South Gloucestershire Council's Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and Departmental procedures.
- To keep abreast of current valuation practices using the internet and other facilities.
Skills and Experience-
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Chartered Valuation Surveyor), or equivalent is essential.
- A graduate is preferred.
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of word processing, databases and spreadsheet packages.
- The ability to work on own initiative unsupervised for routine work.
- The post holder must possess good communication and organisational skills and be able to meet commercial and contractual deadlines.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.