£11.50 - £14.32 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
7 days ago
A 3 month+ opportunity for a Tsc Assessment Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Ellesmere Port.
Successful candidate MUST have social care charging experience.
Complete accurate and timely assessments Adult Social Care and Benefits customers in accordance with legislation, policies, case law, and the working practices and procedures of the council. To deal with customer enquiries by telephone, in person or on visit as required, and to support colleagues and partners in prioritising customer needs, and providing excellent customer care.
- To undertake work allocated on the assessment of all types of Housing Benefit (HB), Council Tax Reduction Scheme (CTRS) and Free School Meals applications, including applications from students, the self- employed, all types of tenures, overpayment calculations and underlying entitlement, initial investigation on complaints, verifying claims to an agreed standard.
- Complete Social Care financial assessments according to established procedures, exercising discretion within defined limits. Ensure completion of all necessary documentation as part of the process so that charges are correctly and fairly established and levied.
- Complete HELP local welfare assistance, Discretionary Housing and Discretionary Hardship Payments according to local policies and legislation, dealing with caller enquiries, taking claims and making decision in a timely way to alleviate crisis
- Obtain and verify service users' personal information about disability related expenditure where appropriate and make further financial assessment of ability to pay towards the care services provided.
- To give accurate welfare benefit advice as appropriate to ensure that customers receive the maximum amounts of benefits and additional income they are entitled to. Recalculate assessments as appropriate. This will include front facing within the local Jobcentres and other venues.
- 5 GCSEs including English and Maths (Grade C or above or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of benefits and client finance related assessments
- Experience of assessing benefit applications and Adult Social Care charges, or of processing means tested benefit claims.
- Knowledge of DWP welfare Benefits and/or Fairer Charging, Charging for Residential Accommodation Guide Legislation
- Experience in communicating with vulnerable members of the community and effectively with other organisations.
- Experience of Academy /Civica / Liquidlogic / Controcc / Financial systems
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 08:30am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.