£21.60 - £22.68 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Treasury Manager on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
This post holder is a member of the Treasury Management Strategy Board providing technical advice to Senior Officers and Councillors, recommending short and long-term treasury management strategies, managing the performance and operational delivery of the approved strategy. Managing a small Treasury Management team with responsibility for keeping them task focused and motivated, whilst responding to changes in guidelines for the operation of a Treasury Management function and implementing frequent new information requirements and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Treasury Management Strategy Team, contribute to the development of short and long-term Treasury Management strategies. Provide professional technical advice and present to Senior Officers and Councillors involved in the development and scrutiny of Treasury Management strategies and performance.
- To manage the Council's consolidated cash flows and be responsible for monitoring and oversight of the performance of the in-house investment portfolio.
- Manage the daily dealing function including the Lloyd slink foreign payment and urgent CHAPS payment system.
- Liaise with Treasury Management Counter parties, Service Providers and Advisers and provide information required to effectively trade in accordance with Market practices and directives. Ensure all information is provided to satisfy the requirements of MIFID where required.
- To identify and recommend changes to strategy, systems and procedures to achieve high performance and compliance commensurate with the council's investment risk appetite.
- To be responsible for producing the Treasury Management final accounts working papers and statement of accounts disclosures. To manage the regular monitoring and reconciliation of the Treasury Management Balance Sheet and Revenue budget.
- To manage the small Treasury Management Team and the operational performance of the Treasury Management function, including providing training as required to stakeholders and the wider team involved in the treasury management systems and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Full and continuing membership of a CCAB Body or CIMA, and evidence of continuing professional development.
- Significant experience in treasury management, money market dealing and cash flow management
- High levels of literacy and numeracy with a proven ability to write financial reports for non-financial specialists and perform complex calculations accurately and at speed.
- Experience of using a range of financial instruments
- Knowledge and understanding of the governance framework under which the Council operates, i.e. constitution, financial regulations, legislation and funding.
- Knowledge and understanding of the CIPFA Prudential Borrowing Code and the CIPFA Treasury Management Code of Practice.
- Ability to learn and understand new information quickly.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including influencing and negotiating and developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Proven ability to analyse complex data and produce insight to inform decision making.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise competing workloads to deadlines.
- Resilient with the ability to work successfully with organisational and external change.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with new situations including evaluating options, making and implementing decisions.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Ability to manage, organise, motivate and develop a team.
- Ability to think strategically and deliver operationally.
- Ability to present reports and deliver training to financial and non-financial specialists.
- Highly developed IT skills, including extensive knowledge of and ability to use spreadsheets, word processing and email applications.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet peak demands in workloads including routinely at least once a week and when required attending work early to undertake money market dealing.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- 2 Written references.
- A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.