£18.86 - £19.80 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Transport Planner to join them on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of extension.
This role will be focussing on working on transport schemes at feasibility stage through to the planning application process. As the Senior Transport Planner, your main duties will include:
- To identify schemes for inclusion within the 5 year infrastructure plans and 2 year infrastructure programmes for the Localities.
- To be responsible for the development, commissioning and implementation of transport planning projects and studies (including those conducted by external consultants) taking responsibility for their day-to-day management as required in accordance with Project Management guidelines.
- To lead option appraisal and scheme feasibility, initial costing and other assessments to determine priorities and provide an initial assessment of scheme costs/benefits.
To be successful for this Senior Transport Planner post you will need to have:
- Education to degree level or equivalent in planning or related discipline
- Experience of the development plan system.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to successfully deliver complex and challenging programmes of work through effective partnership working in a political environment
- Experience of commissioning and managing consultants using a variety of procurement routes
- Experience of working in a planning/transport planning environment
- Experience of leading complex projects or programme of works
- Experience of supervising/managing junior members of staff
- Experience of budget management
Your working hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 16:00
Start date: 02/06/2019
Pay rate: Negotiable
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases