£17.80 - £18.70 per annum
19-00389 / 5109321_1567155407
17 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Manager to join our clients offices based in Cullompton on a temporary contract basis for 1 year with the possibility of an extension.
As the Transport Manager, your main duties will include:
- Manage the procurement and maintenance of the vehicle fleet and mobile plant of the Council.
- Monitor and manage contractors/partners, produce performance information and seek year on year performance improvement initiatives.
- Ensure section compliance with Council Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and relevant legislation.
- Manage both capital and revenue budgets allocated in accordance with Council procedures and make timely budgetary recommendations.
- Proactively run the procurement process in liaison with user service representatives for new vehicles and plant, from specification to commissioning to obtain Best Value for the Council and delivery of services.
- Ensure that adequate user training/familiarisation is carried out on delivery of new vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure good Health and Safety, and Equal Opportunity practice within the section and by contractors/partners.
To be successful for this Transport Manager post you will need to have:
- Good standard of education and demonstrable verbal written and numeracy skills.
- Full clean standard driving licence
- Certificate of professional competence, Freight National (or equivalent) and willing and able to obtain the qualification
Minimum of 2 years in commercial fleet management and 1 year supervisory experience of a small team
- Understanding and experience of relevant risk management, Health and Safety and insurance claims
- Specifying, purchasing and evaluating a diverse range of vehicles and mobile plant, typical to a local authority
Running systems that are auditable and cost effective
- Performance monitoring
- Managing Health & Safety at work in a relevant post.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.