£12.82 - £13.46 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Transport Controller on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
40 Hours per week
Monday - Sunday
As the Transport Controller, you will ensure that a Customer First approach is displayed at all times, resolve operational matters with customers directly via the telephone or site visits and manage H&S at the front line via regular debrief contact with crews, site visits, training and TBT. You will ensure that the business is compliant with O licence obligations to present vehicles for service, record and monitor, rectify defects, download tachograph and VDU's, and provide tachograph counselling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support operational performance in terms of safety and customer service of the Transport Department, in line with Company policy and procedures.
- To assist in the implementation of targeted levels of operational efficiency and customer service, whilst maintaining compliance with Company standards and statutory regulations
- These are a summary of main duties only, other duties may be required to be fulfilled to meet the changing nature of operational activities.
- Cost effective routing of vehicles to maximise fuel/mileage efficiency and minimise overtime working, and to help maximise profit.
- Collating relevant information for monthly Key Performance Indicator [KPI] and data reports to track budget, invoice and performance targets
- Ensuring that the maximum workloads distributed to drivers can be completed safely and to high standards for Duty of care.
- Full compliance with company policies, standards and legal regulations, reference Road Haulage Operations and Health and Safety at work Regulations.
Skills and Experience:
- People Management experience at a supervisory level
- Knowledge of the local area
- Knowledge of Vehicle weights and measures.
- Route planning skills for time, distance and workload distribution.
- Google and WIMS computer knowledge.
- Drivers' hours Knowledge
- Vehicle servicing, MOTs planning and completion
- Tachograph management and driver debriefs experience - preferable, not essential
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases