£390 - £409.5 per day
26 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transformation Project Manager to join our clients offices based in Watford on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Transformation Project Manager, your main duties will include:
- Providing effective, proactive project management support to the project including project governance to ensure accurate and timely updates of project progress and dependencies (through meetings / reporting etc)
- Liaising with the relevant council teams to lead and drive forward the project in line with the agreed implementation plan, whilst allowing internal staff and teams to 'own' the transformation and implementation
- Managing interactions and programming with other internal projects, such as the implementation of a new customer relationship management system for the entire organisation, appreciating the limited technical resource available to balance all service requirements' as well as 'ensuring that the service conforms to the design principles of the Watford 2020 programme'
- Ensuring the integration of all relevant project streams and managing critical dependencies
- Understanding contract management in a local authority environment in order to support the procurement of the software
- Provide the technical support to enable the successful integration of the identified project software with the council's and partner systems
To be successful for this Transformation Project Manager post you will need to have:
- Have experience of managing a project to deliver service changes, impacting multiple systems and complex integration ensuring they effectively integrate to provide the required end to end service
- Be qualified to PRINCE 2 Practitioner level
- Have extensive 'hands-on' experience of project management in a local authority environment, including good working knowledge of governance, detailed project planning, risk and issue management and highlight reporting
- Have transformation and change management experience, used to working collaboratively and sensitively with individuals impacted by any changes
- Have a detailed understanding of contract management in a local authority environment, including best practice approaches
- Understand both the financial and non-financial benefits of digitisation
- Have experience of managing the implementation of commercial ideas
- Be able to work individually, as well as functioning within a dynamic and ambitious programme team of internal staff and consultants
- Have the ability to work with teams across the council to ensure that the project is robustly managed and the relevant stakeholders remain engaged at the appropriate times.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.