West End, London
£160.64 - £168.67 per day
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Transformation Lead on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£160.64 per day
To manage the placement finding, matching and contracting process to support locality teams to make and maintain stable and cost effective placements, which meet the assessed needs of looked after children (LAC).
*To assist the team and managers to manage the children's placement budget and meet performance targets relating to the placement of LAC, utilizing management information as required.
* Quality assurance of placement types and ensuring value for money.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To receive all requests for new or changes of placement for looked after children in order to provide advice and ensure appropriate placement finding processes are followed.
* To maintain an overview of children's placements, advising managers on trends and implications, in particular those regarding placement stability and high cost or long-term external placements.
* To work alongside and support social workers seeking placements, matching and placing children and reviewing and monitoring outcomes.
* To work closely with the department's fostering service and children's homes to maximise the opportunities to place children with in house resources.
* To develop and maintain contract arrangements with Private and Voluntary Children's Homes and Independent Fostering Agencies through the Pan London agreement.
* To act alongside, or on behalf of social workers, in negotiating the price and contractual arrangements for purchased placements.
* To assist social workers to monitor outcomes and contract compliance and take up any issues of non-compliance with service providers.
* To maintain a database of information on placements and give information to, and receive information from, workers in the department and other local authorities.
* To complete a regular audit of the cost effectiveness of current placements in conjunction with budget holders.
* To assist in identifying gaps in placement provision and contribute to the commissioning strategy for LAC.
* To work within the equalities policy and ensure that the diverse needs of LAC are given due weight in placement recommendations / decisions.
* To develop and maintain competence in the use of IT and appropriate systems.
* To lead, and take responsibility for, effective management of the interface between our strategies, ambition and delivery.
Skills and Experience:
Pursues creative and new ideas to provide solutions to complex problems.
* Outcomes focused and solution-oriented.
* Exhibits confidence and leadership, engages emotionally and can show evidence of influencing key stakeholders externally and internally.
* Is an authentic and inspiring leader, able to build inclusive and high-performing teams.
* Delivers excellent service to colleagues and clients .
* Applies judgement in managing risk, supporting their senior leadership to deliver on commitments to savings.
* Can lead in ambiguous situations, demonstrates resilience, readily adapts to change and exhibits personal growth
* Experience of successfully leading transformation and/or service improvement programmes within large complex organisations (preferably children's or adult's services - role dependent) to deliver tangible outcomes.
* Demonstrable record of driving through efficiency savings as a result of more effective service design, whilst maintaining strong service outcomes.
* Able to quality assure placement types and ensure value for money.
* Evidenced excellent influencing and negotiation skills to drive and manage change and deliver strategic priorities.
* Evidenced innovative and imaginative approach and the ability to identify new and credible options for service development.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases