West End, London
£160.64 - £168.67 per day
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Transformation Lead on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 36 Hours
Pay Rate: £160.64 Daily
Work in a small team serving 3 councils (Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster, Hammersmith and Fulham) sourcing private and voluntary placements for children 0 - 25 in a range of settings including Foster care, Residential children homes, Residential Schools and Semi-Independence units. To manage the placement finding, matching and contracting process to support locality teams to make and maintain stable and cost effective placements, which meet the assessed needs of looked after children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To receive all requests for new or changes of placement for looked after children in order to provide advice and ensure appropriate placement finding processes are followed.
- To maintain an overview of children's placements, advising managers on trends and implications, in particular those regarding placement stability and high cost or long-term external placements.
- To work alongside and support social workers seeking placements, matching and placing children and reviewing and monitoring outcomes.
- To work closely with the department's fostering service and children's homes to maximise the opportunities to place children with in house resources.
- To develop and maintain contract arrangements with Private and Voluntary Children's Homes and Independent Fostering Agencies through the Pan London agreement.
- To act alongside, or on behalf of social workers, in negotiating the price and contractual arrangements for purchased placements.
- To assist social workers to monitor outcomes and contract compliance and take up any issues of non-compliance with service providers.
- To maintain a database of information on placements and give information to, and receive information from, workers in the department and other local authorities.
- To complete a regular audit of the cost effectiveness of current placements in conjunction with budget holders.
- To assist in identifying gaps in placement provision and contribute to the commissioning strategy for LAC.
- To work within the equalities policy and ensure that the diverse needs of LAC are given due weight in placement recommendations / decisions.
- To develop and maintain competence in the use of IT and appropriate systems.
- To lead, and take responsibility for, effective management of the interface between our strategies, ambition and delivery.
- To safeguard the reputation of the council and use professional expertise to identify and mitigate risk.
- To manage the delivery of high quality transformation projects, providing ownership, leadership and expertise across project cycles to ensure high quality services, desired outcomes and improved efficiencies.
- To embed strong project management principles and practice, ensuring that key milestones are met, risks identified and the project delivers the service outcomes and savings identified.
- To develop effective working relationships to drive effective delivery of service transformation and improvement programmes.
- To manage risk effectively throughout the transformation cycles, ensuring timely mitigation and/or escalation as appropriate. To ensure compliance in relation to procurement, legal and financial requirements, the Constitution (WCC, RBKC and H&F), governance arrangements and best practice.
- To use knowledge of service delivery to inform and steer service delivery strategies, supporting the work of strategic transformation leads.
- To promote, integrated and forward-looking approaches to service delivery through proactive horizon scanning, challenge and innovation.
- To ensure that partners, stakeholders and service users are effectively engaged and involved in service improvement and transformation activity.
- To line manage resources within the Directorate or project teams as appropriate
Skill and Experience:
- Experience of successfully leading transformation and/or service improvement programmes within large complex organisations (preferably children's or adult's services - role dependent) to deliver tangible outcomes
- Demonstrable record of driving through efficiency savings as a result of more effective service design, whilst maintaining strong service outcomes
- Able to quality assure placement types and ensure value for money
- Evidenced excellent influencing and negotiation skills to drive and manage change and deliver strategic priorities
- Evidenced innovative and imaginative approach and the ability to identify new and credible options for service development
- Proven stakeholder management and engagement skills, combined with evidence of political awareness and sensitivity to stakeholder needs and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive working relationships with staff at all levels, corporate colleagues, external organisations etc to generate confidence, trust and respect
- Evidence of successfully managing and mitigating risks including those of a service and political nature
- Evidenced constructive participant in a variety of meeting environments with the experience, skills and gravitas to be deputy to project groups and ensure success where applicable
- Experience working collaboratively with partner organisations to maximise opportunities
- Good IT and interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
- Ability to relate to different people in a variety of contexts.
- Ability to work with different views and competing pressures
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases