£22.20 - £23.31 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Engineer on an initial 10 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To participate in the activities of a Team undertaking a programme of work involving traffic management, road safety, and minor highway improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide assistance in the programming and supervision of the work of a team of Technical Staff.
- Design and implement traffic management and road safety schemes and associated Traffic Regulation Orders, including temporary arrangements for all road users.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of Specifications, Drawings, Calculations and Contract Documents using computer techniques where appropriate.
- Advise on highway and traffic management scheme design and implementation, as required, and provide input to Local Plans, Development Briefs, Developer proposals and other plans and schemes.
- Liaise with the Police, Parish Councils, other organisations and bodies and within the Council as required.
- Check and comment on NRSWA notices from a traffic management and road safety aspect.
- Promotion and development of strategies relating to cycling, walking, accessibility, Park and Ride, traffic calming and community safety.
- Advise on temporary arrangements for major road works and other purposes.
- Advise on priorities and programmes of work and supervise the monitoring of expenditure.
- Assist with the appointment, supervision and monitoring of Consultants.
- Promote safe working practices at all times and ensure the implementation of the Authority's policies on Health & Safety matters (including CDM Regulations).
- Prepare appropriate reports and correspondence with elected Members, outside bodies and members of the public and attend meetings as necessary.
- On occasion to deputise for the Senior Engineer.
- To carry out such other duties as are required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Skills and Experience:
Educated to degree standard or equivalent.
Chartered Membership of an appropriate Institution with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
Incorporated Membership of an appropriate Institution with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
Experience of highway/traffic management scheme design and implementation, including preparation of drawings, calculations, specifications, contract documents and scheme cost estimates.
GIS and CAD (Computer Aided Design) experience.
Good communications skills,including report and letter writing.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified).
- You are Eligable to work in the UK.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.