£27.31 - £34 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
26 days ago
3 months +
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Principal Town Planner has arisen with the local authorities in March.
- This position is for a Principal Planning Officer for one of our two area based Development Management Planning teams
- We need a great town planner to deal with some really interesting applications and pre-application proposals.
- We have a large number of Major development proposals in the pipeline
- We expect the funding for this post to continue beyond the 12 week period for the booking
- Acting as the case officer for planning applications
- Assisting and mentoring more junior staff.
- Through the application of high level DM skills, make a significant contribution to the regeneration through the innovative and practical development of proposals for planning permission to ensure that growth and regeneration is delivered in line with the Local Plan.
- Supervisory responsibility for specified planning officers in an applications team
- To judge and support in judging the merits of development proposals, applying creativity and contributing to regeneration through the determination of planning applications and related matters within delegated powers, evaluate and make sound recommendations on applications including those of a complex and controversial nature, including presentation at Planning Committee and lead on allocated specialist projects, including reviewing development plan policies
- Defend decisions at appeals to the Planning Inspectorate for own appeals
- The provision of a range of high quality pre-application advice services on development proposals
- Generate income through charged for pre-application enquiries and negotiate financial and other contributions in planning obligations
- Assist in the promotion of customer satisfaction when delivering DM Services
- RTPI accredited postgraduate degree
- Eligible for Membership of RTPI or RICS (Planning & Development)
- Comprehensive understanding of current issues & developments affecting planning, regeneration & local government in London
- Policy: comprehensive understanding of central government & development plan policy issues
- Law: comprehensive understanding of development management & related legislation & good understanding of local government legislation
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.