Up to £20.95 per hour + Excellent Benefits
26 days ago
6 months +
Our client is recruiting for a Tenancy Sustainment Officer (Income Focused) to join their team in February until end if April with possible extension.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00-17:00, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
- To provide all housing management functions of the Council as far as they affect tenants to achieve the housing objectives and the Council priorities
- Deliver the housing service in accordance with the Housing Strategy.
- Provide a housing management service for all tenants of the Council's general needs and sheltered properties
- Provide advice, assistance and information to tenants and the general public by way of office interviews, home visits, telephone calls, written correspondence and e-mail, efficiently and courteously with particular emphasis on customer care
- Liaise with and support new tenants in the settling in period and visit within four weeks of their moving into the property to complete a post tenancy check
- Advise tenants on appropriate payment methods such as standing orders, direct debits, online payments, etc. In particularly encourage the take up of Direct Debit Mandates
- Complete income and expenditure exercises with customers to ensure they are in receipt of all eligible benefits and are offered assistance around their budget. Where appropriate working with partner organisations to ensure the customer has access to specialist support
- Investigate, report and act upon possible breaches of tenancy conditions using all appropriate methods including Court action to remedy breaches
- Manage and investigate complaints of anti-social behaviour and neighbour disputes and take prompt and appropriate action against offenders in conjunction with other agencies such as the police and social services. Ensure accurate records are maintained, collate witness statements and ensure we are working within current legislation.
The suitable candidate will have:
- Experience in advising tenants on appropriate payment methods such as standing orders, direct debits, online payments, etc. In particularly encourage the take up of Direct Debit Mandates
- Experience of court processes relating to rent collection
- Experience of Rent Collection
- Experience of reviewing flexible and introductory tenancies within appropriate timescales and making decisions based on the review around the rent account, anti-social behaviour and suitability of the property.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.