£9.70 - £10.19 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Temporary Laboratory Technician on a 1 year contract with the possibility of an extension.
40 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Responsible for testing, collation, interpretation and reporting of quality data in the Laboratory. Support the company by maintaining the Laboratory Quality System which includes participation in audits, procedure reviews, stock management and matters relating to health and safety. Candidates will require a high attention to detail as reports will be provided to clients.
Duties and Resposibilities:
- erform work in a responsible and safe manner.
- Follow safety procedures. Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported.
- Wear appropriate PPE always.
- Maintain PPE.
- Active involvement in COSHH.
- Quality Work to ISO standards.
- Follow standard operation procedures.
- Good Laboratory Practices.
- Produce error free certificates of analysis.
- IT Enter data correctly and efficiently.
- Be proficient with Google Suite/MS Office (Docs, Sheets, Word and Excel).
- Use databases, Chemstation and other GC related software.
- GC/MS Preparation of samples.
- Analysis of results using GC/MS software.
- Perform GC/MS calibrations.
- Daily routine maintenance.
- Planned preventative maintenance.
- Supervision Work will be supervised throughout the day.
- Lone working will be in effect on night shifts.
- Stock Monitor stock levels.
- Maintain the quality of the existing storage. Housekeeping Maintain the laboratory, surrounding area and store room.
- Keep equipment dust free.
- Keep the floor clean at all time.
- Prevent the workspace getting cluttered. Dispose of chemicals in a safe manner.
- Manufacturing Support Inspect incoming raw materials.
- Collect samples from the plant.
- QA checks on plant equipment.
- Communication Internal reporting out of control incidents to the QC Manager and affect/responsible parties.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately by email and verbally is essential.
- General Adhere to the hygiene rules.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases