£12.85 - £13.49 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Telecare And Homesafety Officer to join our clients offices based in Southsea on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Telecare And Homesafety Officer, your main duties will include:
- To assess the needs of vulnerable adults within their own home for the provision of specialised telecare and telehealth equipment.
- To install telecare equipment following your completion of the assessment of the client's needs.
- Have an understanding of how assistive technology can help households live independently in their own home and assist with hospital discharge.
- To signpost to other departments within PCC when necessary.
- Responding to any immediate or planned maintenance as required and to decommissioning and retrieval of Telecare equipment as required.
- Installing specialist equipment to enable person to reside within their home where they have hearing or sight impediments.
- To undertake home safety inspection to help prevent accidents in the home.
To be successful for this Telecare And Homesafety Officer post you will need to have:
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the interpersonal skills and empathy required to work with a wide range of vulnerable people in a variety of circumstances.
- Extensive DIY skills including the use of drills and fixings
- Willingness to work unsocial hours when necessary
- Have the organisational skills to manage multiple workloads and limited resources.
- Have excellent people skills with the ability to resolve conflict, but have a sympathetic, friendly and empathetic manner to be able to understand the situations of our customers.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft packages, including emails and databases (we currently use IDOX). The role does require some basic administration work on a computer and telephone and working within an office environment.
- The ability to learn quickly and to understand and work with new concepts
- A van is provided by Portsmouth City Council to allow you to undertake this role - you will need a full clean driving licence
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.