£14.50 - £18.05 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
22 days ago
A 6 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Officer within the local authorities in Coalville.
Under the direction of the Public Protection Team Leader provide technical and administrative support to the Enforcement Team in the areas of Environmental Health (Public Protection), Enviro Crime and Planning Enforcement
- Respond to enquiries from the public
- Provide administrative support to officers in their day to day work
- Monitor and maintain records
- Assist with taking enforcement action against those failing to comply with relevant legislation
- Respond to all service requests within the remit of the work of the team
- Provide advice and guidance
- Deliver the Council' disabled facilities grants
- Provide the initial response to complaints about nuisance in relation to environmental health public protection, i.e. barking dogs, bonfires, noisy parties, fly tipping, littering, accumulations etc
- To always see the service through the eyes of the customer and make suggestions for improvement where appropriate
- To constantly challenge self performance and seek to find improvements
- To carry out duties efficiently and effectively
- To help build pride, passion and reputation for NWLDC
- To participate in the Council's reflection meetings and to undertake any necessary training and development as identified for the job role
- To promote the Council's Equality and Diversity Policy to ensure service provision and employment practices are non-discriminatory
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks appropriate to the grading of the post and as required by the Team Leader / Team Manager
- To assist in the event of a civil emergency in any way as instructed
- Be available to work outside normal office hours if required
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 09:00am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.