£13.22 - £13.88 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Technical Support Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Friday, 37.5 Hours
Pay Rate: £13.22 P/H PAYE
To assist the Trust Technical Services Manager and other Senior Managers and other staff within H.I.S and Corporate I.T; in proactively managing, assessing and improving the delivery of service. The installation, maintenance, development, troubleshooting and support at an advanced level, of all of Trust I.T equipment and infrastructure in accordance with Trust, industry and national standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work independently with freedom to act, reporting retrospectively to Senior Managers.
- Frequently researching, testing, developing and commissioning of IT systems proposed for use within the Trust including applications & hardware.
- Frequently supervise, lead, support, motivate and role model for junior colleagues. Often having to train and influence, when presenting highly complex data or ideas.
- To deliver, configure and develop all types of expensive I.T equipment and software for use Trust wide.
- Analysing complex confidential data, incidents and problems; producing management reports to aid change, development and improvement in Trust IT equipment, policies and procedures.
- Using specialist knowledge and skills to create secure and adapt, at an advanced level, complex software, (e.g. Microsoft Operating System Images).
- To carry out incident and problem diagnosis to aid resolution; frequently utilising specialist skills, disciplines and experience at an advanced level.
- To manage or technically lead local and Trust wide projects and delegating tasks to other team members where appropriate.
- Planning and organising a broad range of tasks and activities which will require adjustment of plans of actions designed to achieve a goal, because of frequent interruptions or emergencies.
- Production, maintenance, and development of technical documentation including an asset register database.
- Production, maintenance, and development of knowledge base entries covering known issues.
- Server administration, management and troubleshooting with the ability to act on own cognisance within own skills, knowledge and experience referring to the Systems Manager if appropriate.
- Network installation and troubleshooting with the ability to act on own cognisance within own skills, knowledge and experience referring to the Network Manager if appropriate.
- Diagnosis and resolution of a wide range of technical issues, complex in nature and requiring long periods of concentration, often disrupted by competing priorities.
- Participation in mixed skill teams as required, frequently to tight deadlines; to achieve project goals.
- Maintenance & Support of critical systems including but not limited to; Pharmacy, Distributed Patients TV systems, Electronic Staff Records, Integra and SafeBoot Encryption, email, RIO and other Patient Information Systems, E-learning, office applications, payroll systems, Choose & Book and the National spine.
- To provide technical support, at an advanced level, utilising specialist skills, disciplines and experience for Trust users, all Corporate I.T staff, and technical teams from other Trusts or Organisations, including suppliers and contractors.
- To provide technical support at an advanced level to Trust I.T equipment located at Trust, partner agency sites (e.g. Other Trusts, GP practices, Police stations, Council premises etc) with freedom to act.
- To provide technical support at an advanced level to Trust I.T equipment located in the homes of Trust staff, with freedom to act.
- To provide technical support at an advanced level to Trust I.T equipment located on non Trust, sites for conferences, road shows or presentations, with freedom to act.
- To frequently assist the Technical Services Manager with Incident and Problem management including but not limited to, critical incidents due to system wide failure.
- Provide advanced technical assistance to the I.T Security manager. Investigating reported security issues by scrutinising/interrogating desktop & laptop computer systems, analysing highly sensitive information and production of reports to aid the investigation.
- Delivering at the highest level; a timely and professional technical support service to all Trust staff, teams and departments.
- 2nd level Technical support for Trust wide video conferencing equipment.
- Staffing of the Service Desk in order to provide support for critical trust wide incidents
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent or 3 years experience in a similar role within a health care environment.
- Microsoft qualification (Microsoft Certified Professional) or equivalent advanced experience in managing and troubleshooting previous current and proposed Microsoft desktop operating systems standards.
- Microsoft qualification or equivalent advanced experience of Microsoft Office products; dealing with installation, configuration, support and development of the office product or the individual applications. Such as Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher and Excel.
- Specialist knowledge of previous current and proposed Microsoft desktop operating systems standards, installation, configuration and deployment with specific specialist knowledge of creating and developing complex and secure operating system images and software, using a variety of Microsoft and 3rd party deployment tools to prepare bundled software.
- Advanced specialist knowledge of desktop computers and printers to aid diagnostics and troubleshooting of a wide range of expensive and highly complex I.T equipment.
- Advanced specialist knowledge of PC & laptop upgrade/maintenance issues. Underpinned by extensive practical knowledge and theory; in installation and configuration of upgrade hardware like; memory, CPU, SCSI, PCI and other upgradeable hardware systems; using intricate tools, testing, repairing or replacing faulty electrical components.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills accompanied by excellent keyboard skills to; ensure proper processing of specialist and highly complex I.T information within current policies and procedures.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases