£9.76 - £10.25 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Technical Support Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours.
Pay Rate: £9.76
To carry out first and second line support for Trust IT equipment and software in accordance with National, industry and Trust standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work Practice
- To participate fully as a member of the technical support team in order to deliver a timely and professional technical support service to all staff, to include;
- Equipment and software installations and fault resolution.
- Participation in mixed skill teams as required to achieve project goals and deadlines.
- Maintenance of technical documentation including the Asset Register.
- Staffing of the Service Desk as required.
- Performance Management
- Meet support call response and resolution targets.
- Clearly communicate technical issues to other areas of the Health Informatics Service and Trust staff as required.
- Represent the Service Desk Manager as required.
- Liaise in a professional manner with other agencies and suppliers.
- Health and Safety
- To work within the Trust Health and Safety Policy and ensure any external contractors adhere to this policy.
- Education and Development
- Ensure personal development needs are met in conjunction with the Corporate IT Manager.
- Support junior technical staff in learning the procedures and working practices of the Corporate IT Department.
- Policies and Procedures
- The duties and responsibilities of the post will be undertaken in accordance with the policies, procedures and practices of Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
- Ensure all technical support functions are undertaken in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Trust systems are operating within a secure environment in accordance with Corporate IT Procedures.
- Ensure they are aware of their responsibilities in accordance with Trust policies and the Data Protection Act.
- Customer Focus
- Ensure that all tasks and duties are carried out with a focus on customer-based delivery.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent (to include English Language)
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and upgrade/maintenance issues
- Microsoft MCP Qualification or equivalent experience in Windows 2000/XP and Microsoft Office products
- Good working knowledge of Windows 2000/XP and Microsoft Office products suites, including installation and configuration.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of anti-virus software, virus detection and removal techniques
- Ability to manage assigned workload
- Ability to work under own initiative
- A team player and the ability to work simultaneously with different project managers, to agreed timescales
- Car User
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases