City of London, London
£14.50 - £15.22 per hour
14 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Quality Officer - Housing to join our clients offices based in City of London on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Technical Quality Officer - Housing, your main duties will include:
- To inspect, specify and analyse repairs required to rectify a range of defects (including major defects), aiming to carry out cost effective repairs and repair programmes. This includes the production of detailed specifications
- Undertake scheduled post inspections in accordance with contract management targets, recommending appropriate remedial action to the contractor to ensure the service provided meets the required contract standard.
- Ensure contractor sanctions for service failures are correctly applied in accordance with contract requirements.
- Contribute towards continuous contractor performance improvement by; escalating consistent contractor failures; providing technical recommendations for service improvement; management and control of costs agreeing any necessary unforeseen extras as promptly as possible.
- Procure specialist contractors for the supply of services in accordance with procurement requirements to include preparation of specifications, contracts, tenant and formal leasehold consultation as appropriate.
- Manage and monitor service and maintenance contracts to ensure compliance to Council requirements, as well as health & safety legislation and protocols on all sites where repairs and maintenance is being undertaken. Also, provide technical support in the repair & maintenance management of common areas to address health & safety issues and enhance their aesthetic appeal
- Respond to and resolve customer problems, including preparation of condition survey reports and agreement of action plans with contractors and consultants as required.
To be successful for this Technical Quality Officer - Housing post you will need to have:
- Experience of dealing with the public, resolving queries/problems or giving advice.
- Experience in diagnosing complex building defects and producing specifications for repair
- Experience of managing contractors in a repairs environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Able to effectively plan and organise a wide and challenging workload.
- Able to use MS Word and Excel packages
- Able to create and maintain effective working relationships.
- Level of numeracy and literacy commensurate with grade
- HNC Building studies or equivalent, or be working toward that qualification or have extensive appropriate experience
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.