Up to £18 per hour + Excellent Benefits
28 days ago
6 months +
A 6 months+ opportunity for a Technical Officer Property Maintenance Disabled Facilities Grants has arisen with the local authoritites in Bournmouth.
To ensure adaptations are delivered to a high standard in accordance with current construction legislation in accordance with current grant policy and best practice.
- Provide technical advice and support to the Grants Team, Adult and Children`s Occupation Therapist Service through a combination of site visits, reports and meetings.
- Preparation of tender documentation for complex cases, including preparation of drawings, specification and managing planning and building control applications is required.
- Evaluate the contractor's quotes and tenders for grant aided works, ensuring value for money and compliance with legislation at all times.
- To carry out interim inspections to address any problems arising during the work that requires a decision to be made about extra costs and whether they are grant eligible.
- To carry out final inspections following completion of works or interim claims for payment by a contractor, to ensure that works are completed to a satisfactory standard and in accordance with current legislation.
- Liaison with manufacturers and suppliers on materials, disabled equipment and fittings to determine their suitability and quality for adaptations having regard to sustainability and health and safety.
- To maintain knowledge of relevant building legislation and national policy so the best service is delivered to BCP residents.
- To comply with all decisions, policies and standing orders of the Council and any relevant statutory requirements, including the Equality Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act, CDM and Data Protection Act.
Specific Qualifications and Experience
- HNC or HND in Building or a minimum of 10 years working within the adaptations sector
- Comprehensive building surveying knowledge
- Knowledge of building regulations in relation to this post
- Use of AutoCAD or similar software package.
- Enhanced DBS check
- Must be able to travel by holding a valid UK driving licence with access to own car.
- IT experience of Microsoft Word and Excel minimum 3 years
Hours of work are 8.30am till 5pm, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.