£14.86 - £18.00 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
19 days ago
A 6 month opportunity for a Technical Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Bouremouth.
To ensure adaptations are delivered to a high standard in accordance with current construction legislation in accordance with current grant policy and best practice.
- Provide technical advice and support to Adult and Children`s Occupation Therapist Service through a combination of site visits, reports and meetings.
- To evaluate the contractor's quotes for grant aided works, referring to Housing Surveyors for support with complex cases, ensuring value for money and compliance with legislation at all times.
- To carry out interim inspections to address any problems arising during the work that requires a decision to be made about extra costs and whether they are grant eligible.
- To carry out final inspections following completion of works or interim claims for payment by a contractor, to ensure that works are completed to a satisfactory standard and in accordance with current legislation.
- Liaison with manufacturers and suppliers on materials, disabled equipment and fittings to their suitability and quality for adaptations having regard to sustainability and health and safety.
Specific Qualifications and Experience
- HNC or HND in Building or a minimum of 10 years working within the adaptations sector
- Comprehensive building surveying knowledge
- Knowledge of building regulations in relation to this post
- Previous experience in dealing with the delivery of Disabled Facilities Grants
- Enhanced DBS check
- Must be able to travel by holding a valid UK driving licence with access to own car
- IT experience of Microsoft Word and Excel minimum 3 years
Hours of work are 8am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
Rate of Pay
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.