£35000 - £45000 per annum
24 days ago
Our client is looking for a Technical Consultant to join their small, rapidly growing information governance company catering to clients in a vast array of industries (Finance, Insurance, Legal, Pharma and Retail). The role focuses on software implementation and data migration, reporting into a Senior Technical Director.
Working Hours & Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm at £35,000 - £45,000 per annum.
- As one of our Technical Consultants, you could be undertaking a range of activities directly related to the technical implementation of Information Management systems. This position is based in London, however, you should also be prepared to travel as some of our projects can require team members to work from client sites. We are a market leading software implementation company - not hardware.
- The role requires you to undertake the technical aspects of a software implementation project, with a focus on data migrations from legacy systems into the solutions we implement. We're looking for you to be a dynamic individual who possesses great people and problem-solving skills and is eager to learn quickly with the team.
- We are a reseller and implementer of market-leading information management software solutions. Increasingly our implementation services evolve into end-to-end "Solution Support" contracts whereby we host, administer and support solutions on behalf of the client. We're offering you the opportunity to join our fast-growing team.
The role focuses on software implementation and data migration
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver implementation projects in line with internal methodologies, vendor guidelines and incorporating functional and technical design requirements
- Perform source system data analysis to manage source to target data mapping
- Perform data migration and testing of both static and transaction data from source to target systems
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of software implementation and meeting project objectives
- Strong written/verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate technical discussions effectively
- Able to communicate technical information effectively to a non-technical audience and vice versa
- Experience of Document and Records management principles
- Experience with databases, T-SQL and XML
- Knowledge and practical experience of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SQL Server and Integration Services
- Able to travel around the UK, Europe and the rest of the World, as the work may require client site visits
- Experience of data migration
- Application integration and/or development using SQL/.Net / APIs
- Experience in the following information management software:
- iManage Work / Records Manager / Security Policy Manager / Threat Manager
- Microfocus Content Manager / Records Manager / TRIM
- Microfocus ControlPoint / IDOL
- Experience of other enterprise content management platforms (OpenText, IBM, etc.)
- Workplace pension
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Training - vendor courses for the information management software we implement and support we will also work with you to understand your long-term career aspirations to ensure you have the development and growth opportunities needed to achieve these.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases