£15.95 - £16.75 per hour
5 months ago
Our client it seeking a Technical Accountant on the initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36.25 hours per week
Monday - Friday
Duties and Responsibilities-
- To be the Councils Primary contact for all Capital and Capital accounting related matters
- Revenue Monitoring on a monthly basis
- To manage the Council's treasury management function with the aims of minimising payments of interest and maximising investment returns.
- To undertake the Council's insurance function and ensure adequate cover is in place, including effective administration of claims.
- To manage the Council's leasing requirements and obligations to achieve the lowest full life cost of leased assets.
- To provide support to Finance Department#
- To always see the service through the eyes of the customer and make suggestions for improvement where appropriate
- To constantly challenge self performance and seek to find improvements
- To carry out duties efficiently and effectively
- To help build pride, passion and reputation for NWLDC
- To participate in the Council's appraisal scheme and to undertake any necessary training and development as identified for the job role
- To promote the Council's Equality and Diversity Policy to ensure service provision and employment practices are non-discriminatory.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks appropriate to the grading of the post and as required by the Team Manage
- To assist in the event of a civil emergency in any way as instructed
Skills and Experience-
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Ability to work collaboratively - team player.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- AAT qualified or equivalent, with a minimum of three years post qualification experience within a financial environment or with substantial relevant experience.
- Experience of budget preparation and monitoring
- Experience of Capital Accounting in a local authority accounting environment
- Treasury Management Experience
- A sound understanding of general accounting principles
- Experience in the use of Excel and Word and integrated financial systems
- Ability to interpret and advise on financial and performance data
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.