23 days ago
Our client is seeking a Team Secretary on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Act as the PA to the Director of Governance, Risk and Legal; and provide administrative, secretarial and organisational support to members of the Governance, Risk and Legal Team. Responsible for the efficient and timely signing and sealing of documents at the Newbury office, working in conjunction with the Governance Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a comprehensive, high quality secretarial service to the Director of Governance Risk and Legal.
- Responsible for the proactive, accurate management of the electronic diary for the Director of Governance, Risk and Legal. Maximising time management by negotiating and prioritising entries considering objectives and geographical implications.
- Receive and make telephone calls on behalf of the Director of Governance, Risk and Legal; taking messages, dealing with enquiries appropriately and ensuring accurate and timely communication of messages including issues of a confidential and contentious nature.
- Manage an efficient, confidential and robust bring forward system.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Governance and to the wider Governance, Risk and Legal Department.
- Assisting with the signing and sealing process by preparing the documents in anticipation of execution and arranging signatures as appropriate.
- Raise purchase order requisitions and receipt the goods.
- Produce documents, charts, tables, databases etc, by use of Microsoft Office packages, e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Co-ordinate incoming correspondence, dealing with routine and non-routine issues without recourse to guidance.
- Take minutes in a range of meetings as requested by the Director of Governance, Risk and Legal; and the Head of Governance.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and efficient filing systems, including both paper and computerised systems ensuring strict confidentiality of client/staff identifiable information.
- Ensure timely collection and production of statistical data relating to the service as directed, compiling reports where necessary for management information and forwarding relevant information to other Departments as necessary.
- Co-ordinates activities such as conferences, workshops and seminars, and ensure that the venue is booked and equipped appropriately and all delegates needs are met on the day.
- Utilise the internet/intranet and other sources of information in obtaining and compiling information for the Director of Governance, Risk and Legal; and senior members of the team.
- Arranging meetings as required with refreshments, room bookings, name plates and setting and clearing up the meeting room after use.
- Support the Governance, Risk and Legal Department by photocopying and scanning files in a tight timescale.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Sovereign's corporate objectives.
- Maintain a professional and confidential approach to work at all times.
- Work on own initiative to manage, and prioritise administrative tasks to meet the required deadlines and ensure an effective and efficient running of the department
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases