£12.20 - £15.19 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
about 1 month ago
A 3Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Systems Development Accountant within the local authorities in Newbury.
To undertake systems support to the Finance & Property Service and financial system users across the Council as a whole. This involves providing advice and information which assists managers in the delivery of their services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To write and produce reports from the Council's key financial system (Unit 4 Business World, formally Agresso) for use by service managers and senior officers in the delivery of their roles
- To assist the Senior Accountant and Finance Manager in the automation of producing statutory returns and financial statements. This will involve mapping systems and undertaking testing.
- To undertake month end, quarterly and annual reporting close procedures within the Council's key financial system including the provision of reporting information to Budget Managers and Senior Managers to assist with strategic decision-making.
- To prepare any other financial information as required by the Senior Accountant, Finance Manager, Service Managers or Senior Council Officers. This will involve the ability to extract raw data from a variety of sources to produce meaningful information using advanced spreadsheet techniques.
- To provide advice and guidance to service units on an ad-hoc basis resolving queries as they arise. This will involve reviewing and designing new systems and procedures to overcome problem areas.
- To liaise closely with the Senior Accountant who will determine the areas of work to be undertaken by the team. The Accountant will then take full responsibility for service provision in these areas.
- Experience of Agresso is Essential
- 3 years' experience in an accounting environment, preferably within Local Government
- Experience of liaising with all levels of management Desirable
- Undertaking AAT Level 4 or already a qualified Accounting Technician or equivalent (evidence required),
- Must have experience of working with financial systems specifically Unit 4 Business World (formally Agresso)
Rate of pay
Occasional office presence in Newbury might be required at discretion of Manager.
Pay Rates negotiable for the preferred candidate
Hours of work are 09:00am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.