£17.00 - £22.00 per hour
21 days ago
1. To work as a member of the Asset Management team to ensure effective delivery of customer focussed services on time and within budget.
2. To provide specialist Building Services and Energy Management advice and expertise required in support of building repairs, maintenance and project work within City Council properties of all types delivered by Estates and Facilities.
3. Contribute to the corporate objectives and overall success of Cambridge City Council through effective working with colleagues in the Council and with partners and elected members.
The postholder will not be expected to deliver all building service roles equally and work activity will be determined by the Principal Surveyor(services) dependant upon the postholder's individual Building Services skills and specialist knowledge/qualifications.
1. General responsibility for the administration, supervision and inspection of new and existing building services installation and upgrading work within City Council property, either as part of the Improvement Programme or as individual projects, in accordance with the current regulations.
2. Preparation of annual Services Improvement Programmes and formulating budget estimates and draft specifications for proposed works.
3. Responsibility for the preparation, organisation, administration, recording and operation of the Services Inspection Programmes within City Council property, in accordance with the current regulations.
4. Day to day liaison and co-ordination with other sections of the Department and with other departments of the Council regarding the provision and maintenance of building services referred to above, in order that reliable and efficient operations are maintained.
5. Ensuring that appropriate certification and/or documentation is obtained for all works carried out and that accurate records are maintained as required by all statutory regulations, British Standards and codes of practice, Council Policies and Contrcat terms
6. Surveying all property services and installations, preparing and updating of records of existing and new works. Providing technical advice on all aspects of Electrical services requested by other sections of the department and other departments of the Council together with supervisory and commissioning roles on request.
7. To carry out such other duties as the Principal Surveyor shall properly require from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post including management of related projects.
8. Provision of specialist building services technical and professional advice in support of all estates & facilities building works programmes and projects and ensuring that managers are informed of changes in statutory legislation for incorporation into relevant works specifications.
9. Overseeing tenant liaison during any new installation and upgrading work ensuring that both tenant and contractor are fully aware of the implications of the work and their respective obligations.
10. Contribute technical advice in respect of energy efficiency in Building Services to the Climate Change Officer and to assist in the production and delivery of the Council's Climate Change Strategy and Carbon Management Plans.
11. To keep up to date with the national sustainable energy agenda, and good practice in relation to home energy and sustainability. To identify appropriate funding opportunities for any home energy initiatives available from utilities companies, government departments or any other funding routes in order to maximise the income to the Council from such schemes and to act as a resource for outside organisations with an interest or involvement in home energy issues by providing information, giving presentations, attending their meetings etc.
12. To provide EPC/SAP data for City Council properties as required, to develop and maintain a database of completed surveys and energy performance information in order to provide data corporately on all Energy Management initiatives and projects
13. To collect information relating to energy, including property SAP ratings and to assist with the compilation of statutory returns including the HECA return to government.
14. To assist with the procurement of corporate utility supply procurement and management and to compile and distribute accurate energy usage data with advice to building users about interpretation and use in reducing energy costs.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A DRIVING LICENCE.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.