City of London, London
£19.84 - £20.84 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
9 months ago
4 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Surveyor to join our client's offices based in Southwark on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 36 hours per week at £19.84 p/h PAYE.
As the Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- To provide a comprehensive professional surveying and technical service to diagnose, specify, design and facilitate a broad range building repair works and adaptations in accordance with all statutory and local legislation as well as delivering all departmental key performance requirements.
- To manage works from inception to completion, including the programming of works and supervision of contractors to deliver on budget, time and to the required quality.
- To develop and monitor practices and procedures, ensuring the required quality customer-focused service.
- To promote positive and innovative working relationships with applicants, residents, building contractors, supply chain partners as well as other internal departments and external agencies for achieving best value.
- To act as an expert within their professional field with in-depth knowledge in building practices.
- To advise on all statutory and legislative change, as well as sustainable technologies that affect, improves and promotes the service.
- To advise and participate in the arrangement, invitation and evaluation of tenders for work, ensuring the process provides financial and auditory compliance.
To be successful for this Surveyor post you will need to have:
- A relevant building qualification (HNC as a minimum).
- Knowledge of contract management in a building maintenance and adaptations environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Housing Disrepair protocol.
- Knowledge of housing finance & budgetary control.
- Understanding of issues around the delivery of maintenance and adaptation contracts in an urban environment.
- Understanding of landlord/tenant matters, leaseholder consultation requirements and contract dispute and resolution.
- Substantial experience of dealing with the public, resolving queries/problems or giving advice.
- Substantial experience of repairs & maintenance service delivery, sustainability and construction
- Experience of administering both standard and bespoke building-related contracts
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.