City of London, London
£19.84 - £20.83 per hour
20 days ago
Our client is seeking a Surveyor on an initial 5 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
To provide a professional surveying service, undertaking site inspections and assessments of level of quality. To outline any issues, concerns and actions to be taken, and to manage and control sub-contractor payments and correspondence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform survey assistant duties to the surveying department.
- Assist and support surveyors in field surveys.
- Assist surveyors in drafting survey notes and detailed drawings.
- Conduct on-field survey and record measurements.
- Analyse calculation in accordance to the plot features.
- Coordinate with other surveyors on field survey activities.
- Collect samples of soil, water, oil for testing in a laboratory.
- Perform basic engineering calculations relating to survey activities.
- Maintain logs, reports and records in relevant databases.
- Ensure compliance of established procedures and guidelines in survey activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant post qualification experience is essential
- Must hold an appropriate degree and/or a relevant professional qualification and provide evidence of continuing professional development.
- Knowledge of qualities & diversity issues.
- Experience in producing accurate technical statements, reports and correspondence on complex matters
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Experience of producing technical reports for a variety of audiences
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases