£17.39 - £18.26 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Subject Access Requests to join our clients offices based in Wembley on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Subject Access Requests, your main duties will include:
- Reviewing council processes in relation to data quality, filing errors and records management with regards to personal data across the council as part of processing SARs.
- Logging of Data Subject Access Requests and Third Party disclosure requests received by the Council.
- Corresponding with Data Subjects on behalf of the Council regarding the Data Subject Access Request.
- Reviewing completed Data Subject Access Requests compiled by the Council and redacting the information where required.
- Sending completed Data Subject Access Requests to the Data Subject securely and liaising with the Council Services regarding any queries raised.
- To establish that Subject Access Request and Third Party disclosure applicants have a legitimate right of access to the information they are requesting, in a timely manner, and guide them through the Subject Access Request process. This includes liaising with the public, external agencies such as the police and may also involve carrying out identity checks.
- To establish and maintain a professional dialogue with Subject Access Request applicants, to ensure that any areas of concern or sensitivity are identified in a timely manner, and handled appropriately.
To be successful for this Subject Access Requests post you will need to have:
- A graduate
- Knowledge of the Data Protection legislation, in particular individual rights to information.
- Knowledge of all council services to help evaluate appropriate exemptions to SARs/third party disclosures and to locate information held.
- Knowledge of proof reading.
- Significant previous experience in a similar type of position dealing with Data Subject Access Requests or similar, involving the regular communication with the public, internal council officers and external organisation
- Significant previous experience in managing a process under tight deadlines, monitoring the process, identifying and resolving issues in getting the process completed
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively, orally and in writing, with internal and external audiences (including members of the public, staff at all levels and officials from external organisations)
- The ability to undertake complex tasks and apply a practical and flexible approach to problem solving, and will be able to work with highly confidential and sensitive personal data in an appropriate manner, to ensure individuals' legal rights as data subjects are fully met
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.