£12.20 - £13.40 per hour + (PAYE/Umbrella)
23 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity, with the potential to extend for a further 3 months, for a Streetworks Ttro Coordinator has arisen within the local authorities in Newbury.
Responsible for assisting in the application of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) as amended by the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA) and the Council's South East Permit Scheme. Assisting with the day to day operations of network co-ordination staff and Technicians.
Experience in a similar role or knowledge of processing temporary traffic regulations beneficial.
Experience of planning diversion routes beneficial.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in the management and development of administrative systems and procedures for the NRSWA, as amended by the TMA, and the South East Permit Scheme to ensure permit applications are correctly received and assessed
- To process appropriate temporary traffic regulation orders and carry out all other associated activities, including specifying diversion routes and notifying stakeholders.
- To assist with the assessment of permit applications for accuracy and potential breaches of the Acts and Scheme, liaising with works promoters where these do not comply and applying judgement as to any subsequent action, including the implementation of the fixed penalty notice (FPN) process to drive improvement. Granting or refusing permit applications in line with the requirements of the South East Permit Scheme applying relevant conditions where applicable
- To assist with the continuous monitoring of permit applications, major projects and programmes to identify potential work clashes and collaboration opportunities, based on system advice, experience and local knowledge. Proactively advise and/or negotiate with works promoters on alternative dates to ensure minimal disruption to the network.
- To assist with the production, maintenance and analysis of records of all street works activities and supply information as required for the department's reports and statistics.
- Experience in co-ordination of street works.
- Experience of operating a street works system preferably "Mayrise" together with a working knowledge of the noticing/permitting types and protocols associated with street works.
- Experience of processing Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders
- Experience of financial systems and recovery of income
- High level of knowledge, understanding and experience of working with the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA).
Rate of Pay
There is flexibility in the rate for the right candidate.
There is flexibility for working from home and in the office.
Hours of work are 09:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
To apply please send your CV or e-mail for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.