£9.55 - £10.03 per hour
18 days ago
We have an opportunity for a Streetscene Officer - Grade 4 to join our clients offices based in Winsford on a temporary basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Streetscene Officer - Grade 4, your main duties will include:
- To have knowledge and experience in the delivery of various Street Scene services to include grounds maintenance, grass cutting, weeding, edging, strimming, hedge maintenance, seasonal bedding maintenance and planting, manual and mechanical cleansing, sweeping and litter collection.
- Carry out the cleansing of public spaces to include litter picking, bin emptying, hand sweeping of detritus, removal of weed growth from pavements and paths and assist in the removal of flytipping where directed.
- Carry out general grounds maintenance works to include grass cutting, soft landscaping, fine turf care, maintenance of horticultural displays, chemical weed control, minor tree and hedge works and the marking out and maintenance of sports pitches.
- Operate and maintain to a basic standard a full range of powered hand tools and self-propelled horticultural and cleansing plant and equipment.
- To work in a safe manner and ensure the safe use of materials and equipment at all times. Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures, Risk Assessments, COSHH regulations and all other Street Scene guidance documents are followed to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- To use appropriate mobile communication and IT systems and to follow work instructions and schedules to ensure work is completed to the required standard and in a timely manner
To be successful for this Streetscene Officer - Grade 4 post you will need:
- Previous experience of delivering operational services in a directly related industry or have transferable skills from an unrelated industry
- Possess a basic knowledge of horticultural and cleansing tools, machinery, equipment and techniques and relevant health and safety regulations
- A basic knowledge of: Health & Safety legislation, environmental legislation and legislation surrounding the operation of vehicles
- Ability to complete daily worksheets and other basic paperwork.
- Good verbal and communication skills to engage effectively with other staff and the public.
- Should be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing good quality services
Full Driving Licence Required.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.