£11.00 - £13.00 per hour
18 days ago
Our Client is Currently seeking a Streetcare Grounds/ Tractor Driver (Lead Operative) to work for the local council,
The applicants main duties and Key skills needed for this role are the below,
|Demonstrate basic understanding of the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974|
|Extensive practical experience using agri tractors and tractor implements.|
|Qualified to a level 2 NVQ or diploma in agriculture equipment use;|
|Experienced in using 90 to 130hp agricultural tractors on the road,|
- Carrying out duties using large plant such as agricultural tractors, tractor mounted or drawn flails etc. responsible to carry out basic daily/weekly maintenance and routine safety inspections of the tractor and any equipment used in line with Council procedures and good practice.
- Where required to lead a small team working to predetermined schedules assisting the supervising officer by recording works and updating works records.
- Responsible for undertaking grass cutting and hedge cutting schedules using gang mowers, flail mowers, flail arms and other equipment, ensuring verges, open spaces and sites are left clean and tidy and maintained according to the contract specification.
- To use powered hand tools and drive vehicles and vans, subject to the possession of the appropriate licence, in the execution of the above duties, ensuring that all pre start checks are carried out.
- To ensure that safe methods of work and relevant Health and Safety regulations are followed at all times, defects in equipment and procedures are reported to managers and that awareness of members of the public is taken into account in undertaking the above work.
- To ensure that all work undertaken complies with the criteria and standards required by any specification laid out for the work.
- To carry out other associated duties that may reasonably fall within the general nature and level of responsibility of the post.
The post holder will be qualified to a level 2 NVQ/diploma in the use of agriculture equipment as well as being able to evidence extensive practical experience in a similar role using agri tractors and tractor implements. In exceptional circumstances the council will consider extensive experience only but will require the postholder to attain level 2 accreditation by agreement.
40 hours per week, OT available (operationally dependant)
7 hours Fridays
Initial 3 month period with likely extension through to end September
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.