Neath Port Talbot, Wales
£10.54 - £11.07 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Streetcare Driving Skilled Operative to join our clients offices based in Castell-nedd Poth Talbot on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Streetcare Driving Skilled Operative, your main duties will include:
- Coordination of the daily work tasks for the team
- General labouring and skilled work in relation to highway maintenance and construction.
- Litter picking and removal of fly tipping
- Hand clearing of shrubbery and overgrowth
- Any other non-mechanical work e.g. minor pothole filling, filling grit bins.
- Use of small powered plant and equipment e.g. strimmers, blowers, road saws etc.
- Operation of 'Ride on' small plant e.g. mowers, pedestrian sweepers, rollers etc.
- Working in trenches and other open excavations including drainage and ducting work
To be successful for this Streetcare Driving Skilled Operative post you will need to have:
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- C.I.T.B. or other accredited Qualification in construction works
- Certification in National Highway Sector Scheme 12D traffic management on rural and urban roads
- Certification in National Highway Sector Scheme 2B installation, maintenance and repair of road restraint system
- Drainage/blockage work
- Driving Licence
- Experience of carrying out the tasks associated with the main duties and responsibilities
- Experience of coordinating the work of a small team.
- Flexible (hours and activity)
- Health and Safety
- Manual handling
- Operating powered hand tools
- Pipe/slab/kerb laying
- Relevant "Streetcare" training as per requirement
- Safety Awareness
- Sign light and guarding at road works
- Team Work
- Timber Fence Erecting
- Understanding of plant and machinery
Driving Licence Required
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.