Neath, Neath Port Talbot
£8.32 - £8.74 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Streetcare Driving Skilled Operative on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To carry out cleansing, grounds maintenance and highway operations and, in addition, coordinate the work of a multi-skilled team in the absence of a Team Leader or Skilled Ganger.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of the daily work tasks for the team
- General labouring and skilled work in relation to highway maintenance and construction.
- Litter picking and removal of fly tipping
- Hand clearing of shrubbery and overgrowth
- Any other non-mechanical work e.g. minor pothole filling, filling grit bins.
- Use of small powered plant and equipment e.g. strimmers, blowers, road saws etc.
- Operation of 'Ride on' small plants e.g. mowers, pedestrian sweepers, rollers etc.
- Working in trenches and other open excavations including drainage and ducting work
- Confined space working (if required, subject to training)
- Removal and replacement of damaged road signs, posts and barriers
- Remove fly posters and graffiti
- Weed Spraying and removal
- Highway Debris Patrols
- Responsible for overseeing, placing and removing of signing, guarding, lighting and maintaining works safely in accordance with the Safety At Street Works and Road Works Code of Practice.
- Cleaning and Tidying e.g. cleaning road signs, sweeping roads/pavements
- Repair defects identified on footway inspectors reports
- Requirement to drive as part of daily duties, along with Vehicle checks, required routine maintenance (oil, water, etc checks) and cleaning.
- Responsible for team vehicle and security of allocated
- plant/equipment, or alternatively responsible for allocated vehicle e.g. Tractor & Flail, Non HGV Sweeper or tipper
- The completion of all necessary paperwork and records.
- Responsible for notifying management of the progress of work and any additional work required.
- Assisting in the planning of future work including notification of plant and transport requirements and ensuring adequate supplies of material are available.
- Ensuring that material usage is kept to a minimum consistent with the required quality and that plant and equipment is maintained in good order and used efficiently.
- Ensuring quality of all work done is to the required standard.
- Loading of gritting vehicles using designated vehicle e.g. tractor with loading shovel
- Taking part in out of hours standby rotas if required.
- Ensuring that all possible care is taken to minimise the risk or damage to statutory undertakers plant.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases