£14.18 - £14.89 per hour
12 days ago
Our client is seeking a Street Care Supervisor on an initial 6 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 16:30. At a pay rate of £14.18 Per Hour PAYE.
- The StreetCare Design and Operations Team are responsible for delivering approximately E 15m of work annually with a workforce or circa 75 staff. The post holder shall be responsible for supervising the implementation of civil and structural engineering schemes. This includes supervising the day-to-day activities of operatives, gangs & sub-contractors. Specifically, the post holder shall be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Council's in-house resurfacing team.
- This post is 37 hours plus contractual overtime making the role a 44 hours post.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The main area of work you will be responsible for the area the supervision of civil and structural engineering schemes from the revenue & capital programmes of work.
- You will plan work activities and supervise staff for schemes of any value undertaken by the section involving individuals, gangs, sub-contractors.
- You shall conduct daily briefings, undertake the daily selection of appropriate plant & materials and ensure a high standard of workmanship at all times.
- You will promote safe working practices and ensure compliance with the Authority's policies & procedures for Health & Safety, including CDM. This includes delivery of regular toolbox talks, risk assessments, spot checks and accident investigations.
- You shall investigate and decide on appropriate action with respect to enquiries on StreetCare services, providing information and feedback to the public and other stakeholders, proactively or in response to questions or requests for service.
Skills and Experience:
- Driving license Category B.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme - Supervisory Level or above.
- New Roads and Street Works Accreditation - Supervisor Level.
- Civil Engineering related Level 1 & 2 qualification.
- In-depth knowledge & understanding of health & safety legislation including The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Significant relevant experience in the supervision of highway works in particular resurfacing works. Including a comprehensive knowledge of civil engineering work equipment, materials and the ability to judge when to make a decision on site and when to refer to the appropriate senior officer.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with a good commitment to customer care and experience of managing staff including performance management.
- Good IT skills e.g. Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Project.
- Civil Engineering related Level 3 or above qualification.
- CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme.
- CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme.
- First Aid at Work
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.