Neath Port Talbot, Wales
£10.54 - £11.07 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Street care Driving Skilled Operative to join our clients offices based in Castell-nedd port Talbot on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Street care Driving Skilled Operative, your main duties will include:
- Coordination of the daily work tasks for the team
- General labouring and skilled work in relation to highway maintenance and construction.
- Litter picking and removal of fly tipping
- Hand clearing of shrubbery and overgrowth
- Any other non-mechanical work e.g. minor pothole filling, filling grit bins.
- Use of small powered plant and equipment e.g. strimmers, blowers, road saws etc.
- Operation of 'Ride on' small plant e.g. mowers, pedestrian sweepers, rollers etc.
- Working in trenches and other open excavations including drainage and ducting work.
- Confined space working (if required, subject to training).
To be successful for this Street care Driving Skilled Operative post you will need to have:
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
- C.I.T.B. or other accredited Qualification in construction works.
- Certification in National Highway Sector Scheme 12D traffic management on rural and urban roads.
- Certification in National Highway Sector Scheme 2B installation, maintenance and repair of road restraint system
- Drainage/blockage work.
- Driving Licence.
- Experience of carrying out the tasks associated with the main duties and responsibilities.
- Experience of coordinating the work of a small team.
- Flexible (hours and activity).
- Health and Safety.
- Manual handling.
- Operating powered hand tools.
- Pipe/slab/kerb laying.
- Relevant "Streetcare" training as per requirement.
- Safety Awareness.
- Sign light and guarding at road works.
- Team Work.
- Timber Fence Erecting.
- Understanding of plant and machinery.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: £10.54 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.