£28.00 - £29.40 per hour
13 days ago
Our client is seeking a Strategic Project Manager on an initial 5 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £28.00 P/H PAYE
To manage projects to deliver corporate and strategic priorities, focusing on protecting and supporting vulnerable individuals and communities within the areas of environmental health, licensing, community safety and housing. .An example project is the current Street Improvement Project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To meet the requirements of the Council's "How we work" framework that sets out the behaviours and attitudes expected.
- To lead and coordinate, ensuring projects and work plans are delivered on time and on budget to project specification in line with the Council's project management toolkit.
- To create maintain and manage effective relationships with relevant organisations, partners and individuals.
- To ensure partners work together effectively to deliver, through an integrated approach focusing on problem solving and inter-agency working.
- Compile and understand all relevant intelligence to enable impacts to be evaluated and informed decisions to be made.
- To input into the service planning process to ensure relevant priority issues are considered.
- To monitor the outcomes of identified projects and interventions within our community effectively and to ensure lessons learnt are implemented.
- To represent the Council at external events and network to undertake joint working, current initiatives and share best practice.
- Develop, maintain and use appropriate information systems to facilitate the production of defined performance targets and indicators.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Project management qualification or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of services available to support vulnerable persons.
- Sound knowledge of the complexity of partnership working and experience of developing appropriate mechanisms to make partnerships deliver effectively.
- Good understanding of the role regulatory services play in delivering objectives and priorities
- Commercial awareness - an understanding of the pressures facing businesses and the importance of this in achieving compliance.
- A working knowledge of both local and central government and the ability to work sensitively in the political environment.
- The ability to design, deliver, manage, monitor, report and participate in simultaneous projects of varying size and complexity using appropriate tools and templates to contribute to service aims.
- Ability to develop and review policies for implementation in a large complex organisation and partnerships, which sustain real change
- Ability to present data and information appropriately to assist with strategic decision making
- Ability to effectively engage with partners and wider community
- The ability to work under pressure and to manage interruptions, including unexpected and unanticipated situations whilst out of district.
- Ability to take ownership and deliver solutions, working unsupervised and on own initiative.
- Ability to use professional judgement to make unsupervised enforcement decisions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a wide range of people. This includes the need to communicate complicated, sensitive and complex information effectively to achieve outcomes.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with customers and colleagues that engender trust and respect.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to sensitively and appropriately deal with emotional, confrontational and stressful situations and conversations regularly, dealing with contentious issues in a considerate and appropriate manner
- Ability to advise, negotiate and influence individuals, partners and businesses to adopt/desist a particular course of action.
- An advanced user of data systems, data bases, and data management, especially in the production of reports and PI's.
- Evidence of leading projects and successful outcomes being achieved.
- Evidence of managing budgets and procuring goods and services.
- Experience of analysing and reporting on different types of information and data; effectively problems solving with it and report writing to inform and advise others.
- Experience of developing effective community engagement and involvement.
- Evidence of successfully working in an enforcement environment.
- Evidence of effective team working.
- Evidence of dealing effectively with change.
- Experience of working with external and internal customers, understanding their needs and providing a high standard of customer care.
- Evidence of organising work time to meet the demands of the service
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases