£22.71 - £23.85 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Procurement Manager - Grade 14 to join our clients offices based in Danbury on a temporary contract basis for 5 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Strategic Procurement Manager - Grade 14, your main duties will include:
- Maintain and lead an expert level of supply market knowledge for assigned categories of spend, designing, developing, implementing and refining procurement and supply policies and strategies that result in improved added value and value for money for the Council. This will include setting improvement targets with Directorates for areas of spend within the category
- Carry out the strategic sourcing and benchmarking of products and services within the category/portfolio and produce executive reports for Business managers on external expenditure and provide strategic advice to Heads of Service on best value
- Undertake market, product, supplier and organisational research to establish a base of knowledge about existing and future requirements and potential opportunities
- Support strategic supplier management processes to support the development of best practice supplier relationships between the Council and its top suppliers and lead best value initiatives with key suppliers
- Be responsible for the management of the current portfolio, developing and maintaining a database of all contracts within the portfolio and spend categories allocated including the re-letting and development of new contracts as needs are identified
- Develop and agree a programme of contracting activity to ensure that all contracts in the portfolio are re-negotiated correctly and participate and contribute to Corporate Best Value reviews
- Identify corporate opportunities for improving value for money and cost efficiency and in particular develop detailed plans to meet the Council's efficiency cost savings targets
To be successful for this Strategic Procurement Manager - Grade 14 post you will need to have:
- MCIPS or equivalent relevant Business degree or significant professional experience
- Thorough understanding of corporate governance and the compliance issues associated with procurement policies and processes.
- Significant procurement management experience
- Ability to think strategically and deliver operationally
- Experience of Microsoft applications and business systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to confidently influence and persuade people and bring about change in a complex organisation by working with and through others
- Resilient approach to maintaining high standards of compliance to agreed standards with all contacts
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.