City of London, London
£450.00 - £472.50 per day
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Strategic Commissions Manager on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£450.00 per day
- This is a key role to lead the embedding of the commissioning business plan for Children and Adult services ensuring delivery of local and national health social care and education strategies
- To provide strong leadership and strategic management for commissioning across Children and Adult's Services in accordance with the vision, values and aims of the Council and the Department, holding lead responsibility for an agreed portfolio of commissioning arrangements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead the development of well evidenced, commissioning strategies and plans that are co-produced with service users and involve all relevant stakeholders with a focus on outcomes and measurable improvement in quality standards.
- Taking responsibility for the whole commissioning cycle, deliver end to end commissioning projects and support and provide expert advice to junior commissioners and operational stakeholders in social care and education.
- To manage, motivate and lead the work of a team of who will be deployed across the service work programme, ensuring line management accountability and encouraging flexibility, professionalism and the coordination of services to ensure the service makes a fundamental impact on the Department's ability to offer first class services.
- To lead service review and redesign and transformation projects, drawing on resources from across the department to create flexible, time-limited and outcome-focused change teams that deliver measurable benefits to the departments and the Council as whole.
- To embed matrix based working practises with contracts officers providing support and guidance as necessary. Taking a leadership role as required in support of instances of provider concern, to ensure that all commissioned services deliver a person centred approach that promotes independence, choice and control and puts dignity at the heart of care.
- To hold management responsibility/oversight for commissioning budgets where applicable, ensuring effective financial monitoring and sound business and service planning delivers within available resources.
- To be responsible for leading market development strategies with providers and contributing to the development of our Market Position Statement and related strategies.
- To have overall responsibility for negotiating and securing appropriate arrangements from independent providers to deliver services purchased through a range of budgets including aligned and pooled social care and health budgets as required.
- To provide expert advice on commissioning and procurement across the department, working closely with senior officers in legal, finance and procurement across the Council to continuously review procurement practices and so secure better value, higher quality and lower costs for services.
- Pursue the highest standards of care, ensuring full compliance with all relevant Care Quality Commission and Ofsted standards, etc and to contribute to the development of systems that provide on-going assurance of the quality of commissioned services.
- To regularly and sometimes to tight deadlines write and provide complex reports and present these in a range of formal settings to senior officer and members.
- Demonstrate effective inter-personnel, relationship building and political awareness skills contributing to building a positive and enabling work environment with colleagues within the team and across the Council.
- Actively drive the team's high performance culture as well as achieving team targets and monitored key performance indicators.
- Working across commissioning portfolios to support the annual uplift process, provider forums and market development initiatives.
- To represent the Council at a range of internal and external meetings and forum with senior stakeholders.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases