£9 - £10 per hour
18 days ago
1 Month +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Steward to join our busy team based in Cambridge on a temporary basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £9.00 p/h. Looking for two patterns: Wednesday to Sunday and Friday to Tuesday - working at 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.
As the Steward, your main duties will include:
- City centre stewards are there to provide a friendly welcome to shoppers, workers and other city centre visitors, and help them to understand and navigate the new city centre COVID-safe access measures, which are being adopted to support the safe re-opening of Cambridge (eg. pedestrians keep left; 1-way footways and passageways; queuing and social distancing).
- Stewards are not responsible for directing queue management for businesses - but can highlight any issues with social distancing and business queuing to a member of staff and/or BID Ambassadors who are leading on business engagement work-stream.
- The stewarding service will run approximately 10:00-17:00, 7 days per week; and stewards will be required to work either a weekday (Monday-Friday) morning and/ or afternoon shift, based on their availability and associated service demand
NB. The steward's key function is to engage, explain, encourage NOT enforce
To be successful for this Steward post you will need to have:
- Stewards should be fit, both physically and temperamentally, to carry out the role and over 18 years of age.
- Stewards need the ability to be firm, but in a tactful, empathetic, engaging and good-humoured way.
- Stewards need to be able to develop sufficient rapport to help identify and defuse potentially difficult situations and promote an atmosphere of goodwill, co-operation and self-confidence in the visitor.
- Stewards will have experience in a customer-facing role, and be able to work effectively in a team and individually.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.