£16 - £21 per hour
5 days ago
Provide customer focused specialist advice within the Councils and externally, promoting the work of the Councils and their reputation
Manage complex or contentious applications and cases
Specify and manage projects that deliver community and corporate objectives
Reduce demand by working proactively and educating customers
At Level 6 - developing knowledge (e.g. newly qualified) in specialist area or working knowledge, able to apply some discretion within policy guidelines
At Level 5 - working knowledge of specialist area, fully qualified and beginning to set work standards and applying discretion to policy implementation
At Level 4 - deeper knowledge of specific specialist area and taking more complex decisions or applying greater discretion to the policy guidelines
1. Work collaboratively with colleagues to improve customer service e.g. highlight opportunities for empowering customers further, lead multi departmental project teams
1.Provide customer focused specialist advice within the Councils and externally including keeping up to date with current and emerging legislation,
2.best practice and policy and ensuring continuous development and improvement in services
3. Manage complex or contentious applications, cases and inspections and advise the Case Management team on less complex activity
4. Specify and manage projects and contracts that deliver community and corporate objectives
5. Develop and manage council policies and contribute to the development of service strategy and to performance and quality control
6. Lead or contribute to corporate or community project teams providing specialist advice and project management expertise
Act as a champion for a subject /specialist area(s) working with the communities of practice across the future model - advising, educating, acting as a buddy, and supporting knowledge transfer to enable the organisation to maximise performance
Proactively develop skills and knowledge in additional areas/ subjects to provide flexibility and resilience within the Specialist team
Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required
Promote equality of opportunity in service delivery in all aspects of the role in line with corporate policies, training and procedures
Promote a culture that is supportive of the Councils' purpose, aims and values and take all reasonable steps to maintain good employee relations
Staff are encouraged to participate fully in promoting a safety culture to protect the safety and health of themselves, colleagues and other people affected by the Councils' activities Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk The Council has a Safeguarding Policy, which outlines its responsibilities and the responsibilities of its employees.
All employees need to be aware of this Policy and comply with the contents. This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up.
Such details may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility involved.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.