£31.50 - £33.07 per hour
12 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor Senior to join our clients offices based in Sandbach on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Solicitor Senior, your main duties will include:
- Deliver high quality legal advice and services to Heads of Service and their staff, including where appropriate drafting contracts and legal agreements, to ensure that policy is formulated and operational decisions are taken on a sound legal basis.
- Undertake negotiations in order to protect and further the objectives of the Council, and where necessary undertake litigation and advocacy in the Courts, Tribunals and at statutory appeals and inquiries.
- Participate in project teams to ensure the achievement of the Councils objectives and the delivery of high quality legal advice and services to client Services and Departments.
- Identify, research and anticipate the effects on service provision of new developments in the law to ensure that clients are able to adopt best practice in the delivery of timely and responsive services
- Provide legal and procedural advice to Members and training to Members and client Services and Departments to ensure that policy and operational decisions are taken in the most beneficial and effective manner
- Supervise colleagues in the Service as appropriate to ensure the effective delivery of legal services to client Departments
To be successful for this Solicitor Senior post you will need to have:
- Admitted Solicitor, Legal Executive or Barrister
- Significant post qualification experience of dealing with a relevant area(s) of law (see job advert), providing advice, guidance and support in relation to a wide variety of cases etc
- Supervisory experience
- Understanding of data protection, freedom of information and confidentiality requirements
- Sound understanding of domestic and European law relevant to role, including Human Rights Act
- Law Society or Bar Council Code of Conduct
- Very highly developed influencing, counselling, advocacy, negotiating and persuasive skills
- Developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills - able to convey wide ranging complex and contentious information with a range of audiences, including non-specialists, in a clear and concise manner
- Developed interpersonal skills - able to develop constructive working relationships with a range of individuals form a variety of non/professional backgrounds
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.