£22.00 - £23.10 per hour
6 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Solicitor to join our clients offices based in Sandbach on a temporary contract basis for a 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the solicitor, your main duties will include:
- Deliver high quality legal advice and services to Heads of Service and their staff, including where appropriate drafting contracts and legal agreements, to ensure that policy is formulated and operational decisions are taken on a sound legal basis.
- Undertake negotiations in order to protect and further the objectives of the Council, and where necessary undertake litigation and advocacy in the Courts, Tribunals and at statutory appeals and inquiries.
- Participate in project teams to ensure the achievement of the Councils objectives and the delivery of high quality legal advice and services to client Services and Departments.
- Identify, research and anticipate the effects on service provision of new developments in the law to ensure that clients are able to adopt best practice in the delivery of timely and responsive services.
- Provide legal and procedural advice to Members and training to Members and client Services and Departments to ensure that policy and operational decisions are taken in the most beneficial and effective manner.
- Supervise colleagues in the Service as appropriate to ensure the effective delivery of legal services to client Departments.
To be successful for this solicitor post you will need to have:
- Experience dealing with local authority corporate governance legal issues.
- Involvement in work of a politically sensitive nature.
- Project working Attending Committees and other Council meetings.
- Successful management of issues associated with political processes.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: £22.00 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.