£20 - £22 per hour
23 days ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor to join our busy offices based in Matlock on a temporary basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £20.00 p/h.
As the Solicitor, your main duties will include:
- Provide legal advice and assistance including advocacy for the County Council.
- Provide training to departments and partner organisations to a greater understanding of the relevant area of law.
- Attend case conferences and prepare cases for courts and other tribunals.
- Represent the County Council in Court, County and High Courts as necessary.
- Appoint and brief Counsel as required.
- Manage and motivate a team of employees taking responsibility for monitoring and feedback on performance, recruitment and selection, guidance and advice and ensuring employee development.
- Attend meetings at members and officer level to provide legal and procedural advice as required.
- In conjunction with the Senior Solicitor, to oversee the work of Legal Executives and legal assistants.
- Set targets and monitor performance in order to ensure/project delivery.
To be successful for this Solicitor post you will need to have:
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience working in local government.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.