£15.45 - £19.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
7 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor specialising in Childcare to join our busy offices based in Dorset on a temporary basis for 7 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £15.45 p/h PAYE.
As the Solicitor, your main duties will include:
- To advise and represent the County Council and its Directorates and in particular any Directorate specified within the Context Statement.
- To assist other Solicitors and the Principal Solicitor within the relevant Legal Services' team.
- Generally, to provide a legal service, including the provision of advice, drafting, negotiation and advocacy in the relevant practice areas specified in the Context Statement.
- To undertake, if required, preparation and conduct of litigation work including advocacy in relevant courts, public enquiries, and tribunals, attendance at case conferences and other meetings where necessary, including the instruction of counsel as appropriate.
- To represent the Assistant Chief Executive/Head of Legal and Democratic Services/Principal Solicitor at such committees, sub-committees, working parties, departmental groups or meetings as may be allocated.
- To undertake, if required, clerk duties, conduct appeals, panels and/or proceedings and deal with any related correspondence.
- To secure the provision of legal services through the instruction of counsel or other suitable external providers.
- To provide advice and assistance in relation to case law and legislative and procedural changes relating to the relevant practice areas specified in the Context Statement.
- To reply to Ombudsman's complaints about the relevant Directorate of Service as specified in the Context Statement.
- To assist in the conduct of training seminars and inter-agency courses for legal and other staff.
- To undertake such other duties specified in the relevant Context Statement or as from time to time may be allocated by a line manager or Principal Solicitor.
To be successful for this Solicitor post you will need to have:
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister.
- Educated to Degree level.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.